Springtime is the perfect season for getting creative with your little ones. With flowers blooming, birds chirping, and longer days, there’s plenty of inspiration around! And what better way to celebrate the arrival of spring than by making fun paper plate crafts?
Paper plates are not only inexpensive but also versatile materials that can be transformed into a wide range of animals, objects, or seasonal decorations. In this blog post, we’ve rounded up some simple and delightful Spring paper plate crafts that will keep your kids entertained while encouraging their creativity and imagination. Get ready to have some fun with these easy-to-make craft ideas!
Subscribe to Crafts for Kids on YouTube
We love spring! It’s when the temperatures rise, the weather becomes interesting and colorful. So grab the glue, scissors, and colored paper, and get ready to make these easy and very interesting spring crafts with us.
Paper Plate Fun Facts
- Paper plates were invented in the early 20th century.
- The first paper plate was made by Martin Keyes of Little Falls, New York.
- Paper plates are typically made from tree pulp or recycled paper products.
- They were originally used as a way to prevent the spread of germs in public places like hospitals and schools.
- In addition to being disposable, many paper plates are also eco-friendly and biodegradable.
- Some paper plate manufacturers use water-based coatings to make their products more resistant to liquids and grease.
- Today, paper plates come in a variety of sizes, colors, and designs for different occasions and it’s use.
- They can be found at most grocery stores and retailers around the world.
- Paper plates are often used by campers because they are lightweight and easy to transport.
- Paper plate crafts have become increasingly popular over the years due to their versatility as an inexpensive material for art projects.
Subscribe to Crafts for Kids on YouTube
We love flowers and look forward to the time we can plant annual flowers in the spring. Our love of flowers often shows up in our crafts like this Paper Plate Flower Craft.
What are paper plates made of?
Paper plates are made of tree pulp, often derived from spruce and pine trees.
How do manufacturers make paper plates waterproof or grease-resistant?
Manufacturers make paper plates waterproof or grease-resistant by applying a thin layer of plastic on them, such as polyethylene (PE) or polylactic acid (PLA), which is made from corn starch, sugarcane fibers or plant material; the application methods include extrusion coating and lamination.
Subscribe to alohagems Art and Craft on YouTube
This Bunny Paper Plate Hat is made out of paper plates, white and pink construction paper, glue, permanent marker and don’t forget the scissors.
Fun Facts About Spring
- Spring officially begins on the spring equinox, usually around March 20 or 21.
- The word “spring” comes from the Old English word “springan,” which means to leap up or burst forth.
- Flowers like daffodils and tulips are some of the first plants to bloom in spring because they can survive colder temperatures.
- Baby animals such as lambs, chicks, and bunnies are often born in the spring months as their parents have the necessary resources available for nurturing them.
- Many migratory birds return to their breeding grounds during this season, making a beautiful spectacle after their winter vacation down south!
- Spring is also known as allergy season due to increased pollen levels that trigger allergic reactions among seasonal sufferers.
- The Japanese cherry blossom festival celebrated every year with beautiful flower viewing parties is one of the most famous symbols of spring worldwide.
- Spring break celebrations typically occur across schools and universities within North America commencing towards end-March until mid-April.
- Days get longer than nights during Springtime; daylight saving time adjustment helps increase afternoon daylight hours while subtracting an hour initially from morning hours.
- Groundhog Day observed annually on February 2nd marks predictions based on whether rodents – groundhogs see shadows upon emergence at daytime if skies are clear it’s indicative of six more weeks of cold ahead, else expected early onset of warmer weather.
Subscribe to Crafts By Ria on YouTube
This paper plate flower garden and moving bumble bee craft is a fun spring craft idea for kids- especially, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and school aged kids. Please note, using a craft knife and hot glue must be done by adults. This interactive paper plate craft is a great idea for kids to extend their imaginations, develop fine motor skills and learn about spring and bumble bees!
Are there any eco-friendly alternatives to traditional paper plates available on the market?
Yes, there are several eco-friendly alternatives to traditional paper plates available in the market including biodegradable or compostable options made from materials like bamboo, wheat straw fiber, and bagasse sugar cane pulp that decompose faster than regular paper products without disturbing nature’s balance.
Can paper plates be used in microwave ovens?
It depends on whether the plate is explicitly marked “Microwavable”. If not labeled correctly can contain additives like polystyrene foam that release toxic fumes when heated leading to health problems if ingested
Subscribe to N21Art on YouTube
Is it possible to recycle used paper plates, and what types of facilities accept them?
Yes. Paper plates belong to the recyclable category- but it’s important to keep in mind certain precautions – providing ensuring they don’t have food debris left post-use since any organic waste mixed with recycled materials disturb the chemical composition proper for recycling; local material recovery facilities in cities usually accept these used-paper-products