Christmas is a time for family, friends, and fun! It’s also a time for creativity. Why not try using washi tape when you’re looking for a way to add some extra flair to your Christmas décor? It is a versatile and colorful tape that can decorate anything.
This blog post will show you how to use washi tape to create beautiful Christmas decorations.
How To Use Washi Tape To Decorate Your Christmas Tree
This year, try something different and use washi tape to decorate your Christmas tree. Washi tape is Japanese paper tape that comes in many colors and patterns. You can use it to create all sorts of decorations for your tree, from garlands to ornaments.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Wrap washi tape around the tree trunk. This will create a festive and colorful base for your decorations.
- Use washi tape to make garlands. Cut strips of tape and tie them together. You can add some sparkle by attaching sequins or beads to the garland.
- Make washi tape ornaments. Create shapes from the tape and use a hole punch to create a hole for hanging. You can also glue the pieces of washi tape to glass balls.
- Use washi tape to upgrade existing decorations. Wrap it around candles, string it through popcorn kernels, or add it to bows.
Get creative and have fun! Washi tape is a great way to add personality to your Christmas tree.
What Is Washi Tape, And Where Can You Buy It
Washi tape is a type of adhesive tape made from natural fibers. It’s often used in scrapbooking and other paper crafts. You can buy washi tape online or at craft stores.
Here are some tips for choosing the suitable washi tape for your project:
- Consider the width of the tape. Washi tape comes in a variety of widths. So choose the one that will best fit your project.
- Think about the pattern. Washi tape comes in solid colors and patterns. When you want a more subtle thing, go for a solid color. Since you want something that will stand out, choose a patterned tape.
- Ponder over the adhesive. Some washi tapes have a stronger adhesive than others. If you’re using it for a thing that you will handle a lot, like an envelope closure, choose tape with a stronger adhesive.
Now that you know what washi tape is and how to choose the right one for your project put it to good use!
How To Use Washi Tape To Make Ornaments
This holiday season, get creative with your Christmas tree decorations using washi tape to make unique ornaments. Washi tape is a Japanese paper tape that is perfect for crafting. Plus, it’s easy to use and remove, so you can change up your ornament designs as often as you like.
Here’s how to get started:
- Choose the washi tape colors and patterns that you want to use. You can find washi tape in various colors and designs at your local craft store. Once you have your supplies, cut the washi tape into strips of different lengths.
- Next, use the strips of washi tape to create designs on clear glass ornaments. You can wrap the tape around the ornament in a spiral pattern or create stripes or other patterns. Show creativity and have fun with it!
- Once you’re happy with your design, seal the ornament with a clear sealant. This will help to keep your design in place.
- Hang your ornament on the tree and enjoy!
Try using washi tape to make unique ornaments that reflect your style. Happy crafting!
Keep your ornaments looking their best by storing them properly.
How To Use Washi Tape As Garland
Create a garland as a great way to add color and pattern to your home without spending much money. You can change up your garland whenever you want.
To make this project even more straightforward, buy pre-cut strips of washi tape. Use a sharp pair of scissors to cut the tape into desired lengths when making your strips.
Next, decide on the pattern or design you want for your garland. You can alternate colors, make a gradient effect, or go for a more random look. Once you have your strips, it’s time to start assembling the garland.
Use clear tape to secure the washi strips to a string or ribbon for a sturdier garland. Start at one end and work down, overlapping the strips.
When you want a more temporary thing, thread the washi strips through a needle and string them together. This is also a great way to make a garland that you can take down quickly and store away.
Washi tape garlands are an easy way to add personality to your space.
What’s great about them is that you can make them as long or as short as you want. They are easy to take down when you’re ready for a change. Plus, they are very inexpensive to make.
So when you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add color and pattern to your home, give washi tape garlands a try. You might get surprised at how much you love them!
Other Ways To Use Washi Tape For Christmas Decorations
Washi tape is a fabulous way to add Christmas cheer to your home without going overboard.
Here are some other ways you can use washi tape to decorate for the holidays:
- Wrap presents with washi tape instead of bows or ribbon for a unique look.
- Use washi tape to produce custom Christmas cards.
- Decorate your Christmas tree with washi tape garland.
- Make washi tape candles to add some festive flair to your home.
So get creative and have fun with it! Washi tape is an inexpensive and easy way to spread some holiday cheer. Merry Christmas!